Pages

July 10, 2008

A few things on my mind:

  • HOUSING- didn't realize it was so hard to find a cheap (less than $600, 1 Br.) available apartment in Orem near the freeway. I guess I am asking too much?!?!
  • Invitations- I designed one myself, but am not totally satisfied with it...
  • WORK- It seems like as soon as I get to where I need to be, I am already behind.
  • MONEY- I haven't received any monetary payments for my work efforts, therefore my bank account is pretty much none existent. It is driving me crazy not having an income.
  • WEDDING DETAILS- this list can go on for a while: (small things that James seems to not care about while I find reasons to obsess over them)
  • the party favors- CD's of some of our favorite love songs with picture of us
  • bridal party gifts and gifts for my girls, gotta show the love to friends
  • the lanterns that I have already ordered once but found cheaper somewhere else
  • making sure to collect all of the addresses of family and friends and plus some
  • find time to address them (aleast type them on the address sticky paper)
  • REGISTRY: who knew it was so hard to figure out what kind of dishes you want
  • trying to visualize "what I want our wedding to look like" so I can tell others
  • I am trying to make matching earrings and little bags for friends and bridesmaids
  • figure out what to give the groomsmen for a gift
  • Hoping that the dress lady really understands what I want the dress to look like
  • Hoping the dress fits well... speaking of probably should stick to my diet
  • Hoping that all the guests flying in can find places to stay
  • probably need to call the reception place and make sure everything is still good
  • wondering if anyone will even show up(I know this is ridiculous, but still a thought)
  • do the colors go well together? will it look right?
  • Will I find a photographer that can take the temple pictures for free basically?
  • ANd thats just to name a few.... for TODAY
  • Tanning- I would like a nice base tan for the wedding... but don't have too much time to lay out:(.
  • MEET with BISHOP- OK so the whole temple recommend thing... I need to meet with the BISHOP out here so he actually knows who I am before I walk into his office for my recommend. I am pretty sure they don't hand recommends out to strangers.
  • Missing PEOPLE and communication with others... I seem to always be stuck inside
  • TEMPLE: wow probably should read some books to prepare myself to get my endowments out.
  • Gotta get Temple Dress/clothes/garments
  • Have no idea about our finances... kinda nerve wrecking that I don't know where we will be financially when we get married.
  • BIRTH CONTROL- scared as heck of getting a blood clot or stroke, etc all the warnings that they list, are they really serious?
  • NOT taking BIRTH CONTROL- not biggest fan of the the idea of a HONEYMOON baby
  • Learning that MEN and WOMEN really do communicate definitely... need a little more time to adjust
  • Getting our passports
  • His RING
  • ONE thought that stays constantly on my mind is JAMES.... what can I do for him today?
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I know your post wasn't a plea for advice, but here's my two cents for what it's worth:

    About a third of your wedding worries could be dropped if need be (groomsman gifts, bridesmaid earings, etc.). They are nice to have but if you run out of time, your wedding will be a success without them.

    Temple: Don't stress too much about getting a dress and temple clothing. In fact, I would recommend renting those things the first time so you know what type you want to buy.

    Tanning: Tanning beds? It's your wedding-- it's ok to cheat!

    Don't forget to have fun! You only get to plan your wedding once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. katy, to agree with the post above i am sure you are not asking for advice but i do have to agree with them a little!

    i defintely reccomend a tanning bed! even mystic has come a long way, that can get you looking real nice and tan in less than two weeks!

    party favors. just a thought but doyou really go to anyones wedding wondering what YOUR gift will be? no one ever remembers them anyway. but i do understand that it is nice and you probably wanna say a mini thank you to all of your buddies.

    bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts...see above. :)

    you guys will have sooo much fun, enjoy, don't stress about too much!


    p.s. birth control is not scary! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom gave me your blog name and I just went in to check it all out. It made me cry. James spent a great deal of time at my house as a little boy and a little bigger boy-not as much the last several years. He is a great kid, and I am so happy he has found such a wonderful girl to make him happy. You are both going to have a great journey. Don't worry so much about the small things, just always, always enjoy the journey. Best wishes for eternal happiness. We love you both. Hope to have you spend a little time here once in a while again. You've done a great job on your blog--your wedding will turn out equally well. Ray Lynn and I will be in attendance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    Well, as Carly and your friend said, you were probably just venting, but here is my two cents on the matter.
    First, I have been on birth control off and on for the past eight years, and take it from someone who gets pregnant just thinking about it, I would recommend birth control and have seen little side effects myself, of course it is a personal choice, but that is our experience.
    Second thought, I am not a bridesmaid and I know a lot of the things you would like to do yourself, but just know you have help if you want it. IE. if you want to choose the songs and the picture for the cover I would be happy to buy the CDs and get them burned for you. We are really hands on in our family so sometimes we help TOO much, but it would be fun to be involved so if there are little things that I could do to help out, please let me know! I would love it!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete