Pages

July 7, 2008

One Sunday Afternoon

Yes I know... two post in one night, conclusion: I have way too much time on my hands. The truth is that is the complete opposite. It is about four o'clock right now in Indiana and I can't sleep. Sometimes, I go through these phases were sleep seems to be put on the back burner, and I have so many things on my mind, I couldn't even lay down if I wanted to. Thank goodness for blogging...lol. Today, I really enjoyed church because of it's ability to enable me to feel the spirit, which I take for granted sometimes. I also was able to hear James bare his testimony (which was a first for me) in sacrament. It was one of the sweetest most sincere declarations of truth and love. I am so lucky for my fiance to have a strong understanding of the Gospel and a desire to do his best. I am grateful for his example to me. I find myself daily trying to meet my own potential, because he deserves nothing less.
After church we tried to catch up on some belated 4th BBQ traditions. Well as you know, me and James like to spend as much time as we can together on Sunday so we had a BBQ with our friends Dani & Jon. It was so very yummy. Thanks to the cook, my sweetheart! He slaved over the hot grill PLUS the humidity... I am surprise he didn't suffer a heat stroke. After we stuffed ourselves with hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, fruit salad, and chips, we went inside to play some card games since the humidity was killing us ALL. We enjoyed the rest of the night with our friends Terry, Megan, Gerrad, Megan (other one), Jon, and Dani. It wasn't our night though. Usually we ALWAYS (which is no exaggeration) win, but for some reason we couldn't get it together. We can usually wipe out our opponents in the following games: Nert's, cranium, Disney scene-it, hand and foot, and James is pretty good at Golf (I usually cheat because it frustrates me so much...lol). I guess there is always next time... But I am not a very good Loser:(
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Katy I am sorry you couldn't sleep. Can we help you so you don't have so much on your mind?
    I will have to look at the pictures tonight when I get home. I don't have adobe on my computer. I'm glad you had a nice 4th of July. I can't wait until you are back to share the holidays with you.

    ReplyDelete