Pages

September 29, 2009

Growing Pains

As a new mom, I am having growing pains. These pains aren't from stretching skin or swollen feet. Instead, the pains come from deep inside: The knowledge that my beautiful baby girl won't stay a baby for long.

*Avery Lyn 5 weeks old*

It's crazy to think about how much she has already grown and changed. She is discovering herself and the world around her more and more each day. I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about it. Yes, I still can blame the hormones for my many emotions. Some milestones Miss Avery has already achieved:

  1. Sleeping in her Crib, instead of the baby bassinet (In her own room may I add).
  2. Loving Bath time- Daddy does such a good job making sure the water is warm.
  3. Making more adorable baby coos- she is going to be a talker.
  4. Drinking at LEAST 4 oz every feeding: every 3-4 hours.
  5. Holding up her head so she can look around.
  6. Rolling over from her stomach to her back.
  7. Her hair growing longer.
  8. Getting chubbier cheeks.
  9. Sleeping better.
  10. Smiling at us.
{{Photo taken right after her rollover}}
What a SWEETHEART.
Though it's hard for mommy to see you growing and changing, I am so excited for your future- to watch you grow into a breathtaking young lady. Keep on smiling babydoll, it lights up our day.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Your baby girl is so cute! I need to see her because I want to squeeze her ( not in a hurtful way just a loving way)!

    ReplyDelete