Pages

October 4, 2011

Baby {number} two

As the thought of a baby coming into your lives is filled with excitement and anticipations, it seems that those emotions are sometimes masked behind fear and uneasiness when the number of children grow larger than one.

We are expecting our SECOND child in 10 days. In TEN days (240 hours- give or take), we will be:

equally numbered: adults vs kids
sleep deprived
trying to create balance in an unbalanced world
changing newborn diapers (dodging pee) WHILE trying to get our two year old to aim her's in the toilet
combining a routine of 3-4 mini naps a day with ONE long 2-3 hour nap
Juggle children in both arms
Just to name a few things. 

Not to mention the uncertainty that comes from knowing that our soon-to-be lil bundle of joy will most likely enter this world with club feet and the possibility of other genetic mutations (cross your fingers-better yet send prayers our way). Oh and have I mentioned my hormones are through the roof... 

I am so tired. And this is the calm BEFORE the storm. I just keep thinking about the joy a brand new little one brings into the world into my world. I know that this road will be challenging especially since we just moved to a NEW, tiny (teeny) town far away from family, but I keep on reminding myself to look upward. Bumps and hills make us stronger. Looks like my legs and spirit are going to get a work out this next year. I look forward to this change.

The real question is...
Can this be done while trying to recover from a Caesarean aka C-section? Stay tuned in.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment