Pages

March 17, 2012

pot of GOLD

St. Patrick's Day.
Why do we celebrate this day with a green pinching tradition?
I am Irish, at least that is what my maternal grandmother told me.
My husband has to have some Irish blood-- the deep reddish brown hair gives it away. 

I am lost. I don't know the point of this holiday.

Yet, it gives another day to just celebrate and have a little fun for the kids.
That is what life is about, right?



There are so many blessings that are present when you live near family.
An impromptu St. Patty's Day party when the hubs has to work on a Saturday night.

This year seems to be wrapped in the feeling that it will end with a rainbow and pot of blessings. Don't you love when you get those small "feel goods", reassuring you everything is going to be all right?
The big surprise of the weekend-- corn beef and cabbage.
It isn't as bad as I made it out to be all these years.
Not a dinner meal regular, but once a year I can do.

I wonder if it is like eating black eye peas for New Years... will it bring me luck? 

Or in this case a pot of gold? 
That would definitely make it worth the weird smell and after taste. Maybe.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment