Pages

May 17, 2011

Kansas City living

We are at the place in life, where we can still move around and "visit" different areas of the country without causing to much psychological stress on ourselves or the little one. I, for one, love to travel and see different cultures and landscapes. 
So we find ourselves in KANSAS CITY for a couple weeks before jetting off to my roots...

The Big "D" 
(Dallas: for those that don't speak Texan)
 
{Our first night in our hotel room}

My goal this summer, since I have experienced a few summer sale seasons already, is just to have fun and soak up the city with (unknown) peanut and little miss in tow.

And thus far, I think we are accomplishing it.

{A little bit of tractor riding at the local farm}
{STILL fighting off an ear infection, poor girl}  
                            
{Taking a few field trips to church sites. Here and Here.}
                    
{During the trips, the kids enjoyed reenacting the pioneer days}
{We have already scoped out the local library... and applied for a card}
It's a pretty nice library, with a big movie selection.

  
We  were able to spend some  tiny bit of time with Mr. P at the Kansas City Zoo
before he had to head off to work. 
And Nikita was fun to meet. He is huge and playful.
I felt bad for the tigers, though. 
Their home was the size of a bird cage... no joke.
We will share that adventure tomorrow.

***
Here is Lil miss side by side, exactly one year apart. 
That face just melts my heart. 
ANd I thought she was BIG back then... little did I know.
This comparison sure helps teach the lesson to treasure each day.
It is the small things that matter. 
I have been learning that through Lil miss and also from James' cousin.
Her little one, who is about the same age as Avery, is fighting cancer.
Keep them in your prayers.

I know a lot of bloggers started blogging to use it as a journal outlet. 

*** What is the easiest way to create keepsakes with your post or do you even bother? Do you turn your blogs into books, if so what program do you use? ***

Have a happy Wednesday from the midwest.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Katy on your new addition that will come soon! As far as blogging, I take pictures of keepsakes then blog about it and turn my blog into a book for each year. A great idea, if you have the money, is to purchase a couple books so you can give them to your kids when they grow up. The site I use to create my book is blog2print.com

    ReplyDelete