Pages

November 5, 2009

Early morning hours

Peaceful. I love them. It doesn't matter if I have stayed up all night or just woke up on my own to check on my little one sleeping or stumble into the bathroom. There is something magical about being awake right before the world rises. You can almost feel the excitement of a new day, as tangible as snuggling with Mr. Pendleton- one of my favorite activities.

Maybe its so refreshing because after I quietly sit, I can sneak back to bed right before Mr. Pendleton gets up and cuddle up close. I have to time it just right. If I try to snuggle too early, when he is in the deep REM type sleep, I am cuddling a stiff log. If I wait to long he is outta bed and already in the shower (which can be fun too). But if I catch him right in the middle... He is just right. A little drowsy so he rolls over wrapping his arms around me. Tight enough to hold me still if I try to move, yet loose enough to give him a kiss. Perfect for starting a new day.

I think it is just that time. I can hear the car noise pick up outside and the sky is turning a slighter blue. Therefore, I must go and start my perfect day.

P.S. I am watching Nana and Logan today. I am excited to play with them.
I heard that our little peanut was a handful yesterday... Sorry Carly.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I too have to find the perfect moment to snuggle but when I do, it's pure heaven.

    ReplyDelete