Pages

April 22, 2010

Reflection. Home-maker


The past few weeks I have been earnestly trying to take a step back from my over eager- have to do it all- mentality like so many other women suffer from. The result.

I haven't gotten there... at least not yet.

But the past week instead of trying to cram everything I 'need' to do (which most of the time I could cut out most of the need-tos, because they really don't matter), I decided to just do ONE thing and then do something I enjoy.

Consequently, I have been reading. Lots of reading. James asked "why the new found library on our nightstand?" Answer. I like reading and now I have time.

So while I focus on teaching our little miss small joys and exploring the world together, I am teaching myself. Teaching myself anything I want to learn. It's completely freeing.

I don't have to meet deadlines on projects that don't really matter (to me at least) or sit at a computer in a hard chair for hours at a time. It is a gift given to me by my sweet husband. Thank you.

PS James only has two more semesters of College. Yay.
And he doesn't need to go through the summer to complete.
Now that is exciting news.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. YAY there is end in sight. We have that long also. Good for you for taking it slow. Life isnt any fun if you dont enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how excited I am. Great Job both of you.
    Love ya both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    Thanks for reminding me that the "deadlines" I have are only ones I give myself! Your pic reminded me that I need to stop stressing and enjoy the moments. They won't be here forever!!

    ReplyDelete