Pages

August 31, 2009

Daddy

I have some time on my hands now that I am HOME with Miss Avery. It is so wonderful to be here with her. To take every moment in...

I was thinking about the time that we were able to spend together this past week in the hospital. My dear sweetheart was so very charming catering to mine and his little girls every need. Avery is so very lucky to have a daddy like Mr. Pendleton.
Just a couple of EXAMPLES:
  1. During Labor I became a little (understatement) nauseous due to the medications. I only had a few seconds to express the discomfort to my sweetheart and then Mr. Upchuck made himself know. Instead of turning away in discuss, he held out his hands. I love him. The rest of the labor I was dry-heaving and he was there comforting me.
  2. He made sure he was up helping me during the nightly feedings, even if he could only offer his reassurance. We had a routine I would nurse our little one, and daddy would take Miss Avery into his arms so her mommy could get some rest. He then would burp her, change her, and rock her back to sleep. I didn't change a diaper until the day we were leaving the hospital, which was about four days.
  3. Every night James gets up when his little girl BEGINS to wake up. It takes her mommy until she begins to cry to hear her, but not Mr. Pendleton. He is there at the first coo.
  4. He honorably holds the Priesthood. One night during our stay, a nurse came over the intercom asking if there was a Priesthood holder able to help give a blessing to a patient in the ICU. James handed me our little one and headed to the ICU. This is one of the greatest blessings in my life. Thank you sweetheart. Whats the priesthood? check out this website.
  5. James loves to cuddle and rock his little girl. Also, since he has become a dad, he is more willing to snuggle up to me as well. Man, I love that!

These are just a few things I was pondering on... Sorry for the mushy parts. I just had a baby and my hormones are still kinda out of whack.

PS I love you, Mr. Pendleton.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me cry. I'm a sap. It was so sweet. I'm so happy for you and your little family.

    ReplyDelete