Pages

June 12, 2009

Forgiveness. Simply.

When life is lived, I forget to blog. With most bloggers it seems they post more entries when there are big events or they have lots to say. I am the opposite. Wish it was not the case... this is where the forgiveness comes in. I seem to focus on the simple moments, ones that usually are lost. I LOVE small. The smallest details matter to me.
The past couple of months I have been overwhelmed... I am a slow learner when it comes to change. I sit back and watch. I watch until I am ready. Until I am ready to let reality sink in, and I CHOOSE to become part of the change. So i have been watching for a while and just studying... Now I am ready to share.

Simplicity. My uncle Donnie Pomeroy use to always say "Simplicity is the hardest to achieve". I agree. So instead of trying to overload myself with ideas, fears, knowledge, facts, questions, answers, etc. {like I normally do}, come with me to explore a few things I enjoyed these last couple of days.
{Fragrant garden roses}. I cut some from our landlord's bush.
James rebuked me for "stealing". My reply, "We pay rent, therefore this bush is just as much ours". As soon as the buds were brought into our home, their aroma filled our small basement. So much that i had to take them to work and pass them off to another co-worker. Surprisingly a Male was the recipient. His office smelled like smoke and body odor- from students not him. The ROSES changed that. Service done. He just informed me yesterday, that it was time to pass them off to another office. I agreed. These beauties are STRONG, even for non-pregnant people. Roses that keep on giving.... I was happy. Don't worry Geneve, they are coming to you next.
{Crisp Green Grapes}. As a child, I hated fruit.
Which contradicts the very taste I lived for... SWEET. It was the texture that would ruin the flavor for me. I would grimace at the slightest touch of irregularity in shape or consistency. Haha- i think about it now maybe during consumption since the texture was so inconsistent, it goes back to my hesitation to change. who knows. Yet, the perfect grapes were consumed this week. They were plump, celery green, and crisp. I smiled after I popped the first one in my mouth and the bite began with a crunch and ending with juice greeting my throat. It was a pleasant surprise. I live for the crunch. And this time it came.... I was happy.
{My husband}. Sometimes I stare.
Truth is that I always stare. I can't help it. He is amazing. The love i feel for him is unmeasurable. With just one glance my way, he can tell when my body is a little achy. He says its because i throw out a "fake" smile his way. I know he just knows me. He tolerates my weird moods. and weird in this context doesn't mean angry, sad, or any other emotional adjective. I mean weird. I do annoying stuff like lay so close to him that i can see the pores on his face, when he is trying to sleep. we could go on... but I like friends. I don't want them to be scared away. The best part is I get to drift off to dream land, and he is right by my side. Last night, I laid in bed for a moment just staring at Mr. Pendleton and the vein that creeps upon his forehand when he falls asleep, and.... I was Happy.
{a FULL Rainbow}. Life throws you bits and pieces.
It helps to not overwhelm the human-overactive mind. But sometimes, you need the whole picture. This is how I learn. Give me everything- so i have some idea or goal of what I should be working toward, and then we can focus on the details. Mother nature showed me this- A FULL rainbow. Granted, when i was young (4 & 5) i lived in Florida. During that time, there were many rainbows to be seen. It was there I found my first WHOLE rainbow. It is a treasure to see nature creating color and beauty amongst the rain clouds. Probably a lesson in its self to us, but that "idea" is for another day. I drove from work tonight thinking about James golfing, in what i thought was stormy/rainy weather, as I approached our home it appeared. The colors of the rainbow contrasting against the gray back drop.... I was happy.
For two reasons : it was colorfully complete and the storm was ending.
James would be okay... haha won't get struck by lightening today.
{OUR little girl}. The very reason I am up blogging.
She was kicking. I tried to lay on either side and back, but I couldn't find a position that was comfortable. It was already 5:00 am. A lot of people wake up this early and are functioning adults. Therefore, i don't need anymore sleep. I lean over and kiss Mr. Pendleton on the forehead and enter the living room. nothing on TV. Good time to join the cyber world and catch up on some blog reading and then I begin to ponder about those small moments that make me happy. I read blogs. I begin my long awaited entry- even though i thought posting a few pictures would help the not-blogging guilt brewing this past month. The sun begins to peek through our small window. And I feel her kick again which places a smile on my face. At least I am getting use to getting up early with her. I just heard Mr. Pendleton's first alarm go off. He sets like three... he is a snoozer. Third one just with off and he is up. I have to go. I get to spend time with TWO of my favorite people- Miss Peanut and Mr. Pendleton... I am Happy.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet post katy! I am glad that things are going so well for you guys and that you are enjoying those small moments that make life so simple!! maybe you could post some belly pics?! :) not to be too imposing, but I bet you are just the cutest! hope you enjoy your next month of simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a peaceful post. I love that pictures of the belly being kicked. That's amazing. I want to see pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...my beautiful katy..i so loved this picture...you are going to be a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete